Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I admit to not having read through every post in the thread. Keep in mind that for many things you will need the child's SSN. Even more important is an account is in any way in their name(custodial or whatever), there may be limitations and if there are tax implications, the parents need the information. They are responsible for an returns that may need to be filed.

Also, the age of majority for financial matters differs by state -
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.