No. of Recommendations: 3
I agree it seems to be a 'real' company. However, in listening to the latest presentation, I don't think I could be less impressed with the CEO himself. Seems like a hypster. He may be the CEO - and the founder - but that company certainly needs a more credible spokesman, IMO.

That's why I usually avoid conference calls and like to let the numbers speak for themselves....although I would like to know something about their financial estimates. If I did listen to the conference call it would be with an ear to any sentence that spoke to their estimates for when they expect to be profitable. THAT is really the only thing that's important. Did you hear anything in the conference call about that?

I hope I've learned over the years, particularly with the hard lessons from the dot-com bust, not to confuse a "great story" with a great business model. And I guess that's a big reason that I'm so down on companies like HYGS and FCEL (especially HYGS). If you listen to their articulate spokesmen you can get the impression that they have viable business models - but it's hard to find any evidence of that in their financial statements. HYGS just released earnings - I'll make a separate post about that.

WWAT officially released very a very positive 3q earnings report today - they were up big initially but are now only up 3% (a penny <g>).

Baby steps:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/061114/20061114006387.html?.v=1

WorldWater & Power Announces Third Quarter Results
Tuesday November 14, 4:30 pm ET
Achieves Record Revenue for the Quarter of $6.5 million Record Gross Margins of 22%

PENNINGTON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WorldWater & Power Corp. (OTCBB:WWAT.OB - News), developer and marketer of proprietary high-horsepower solar systems, today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2006. Revenue for the third quarter was $6.5 million with gross margins of 22%. The company had given preliminary guidance of revenue in the range of $5.8 - $6.1 million for the quarter.

"We are very pleased to announce, as expected, our best quarter in the Company's history," said Quentin T. Kelly, Chairman of WorldWater & Power Corp. "We are on course for continued improvement during the fourth quarter and project significantly stronger growth in 2007."

Financial Results:

Revenue for the third quarter was $6.5 million, compared with $0.6 million reported in the third quarter of 2005. Gross profit for the quarter was $1.5 million or 22.2% gross margin, versus a loss of $0.2 million in the prior-year period. The company posted an operating loss of $0.4 million compared with an operating loss of $1.4 million in the third quarter of 2005. Net loss for the third quarter was $0.8 million, or $(0.01) per share, compared to a loss of $4.8 million, or $(0.05) per share, in the prior-year period.

For the first nine months of fiscal 2006, WorldWater reported revenue of $10.3 million, versus $0.8 million in the same period last year. Gross profit was $1.9 million for the first three quarters of 2006, as compared with a loss of $(0.2) million in 2005. Net loss for the period was $6.3 million, or $(0.05) per share, versus a net loss of $7.5 million, or $(0.08) per share, in the same period last year............

===========================

Currently up about 5% on the news though they were up more earlier...

Many small alt energy startups seem to put more energy into maintaining an illusion of being a real business than they do into actually becoming one and are actually nothing more than thinly disguised ponzi schemes designed to enrich insiders at the expense of share holders, so I like to keep a close eye on insider trading - WWAT had one insider transaction in the last 2 years which was a purchase of 500,000 shares by a director in May 05 at 15-25c/share.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=WWAT.OB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.