Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree that it would a waste of time to (1) chase down every analyst's change in target price or (2) read every report changing a rating from market perform to under perform. Everyone keeps trying to pin me to a straw man argument I clearly did not make. Re-read my messages and you'll see that I set out a list of factors I think the team should consider in deciding whether to address an analyst report. Those factors will all exist in very few cases. In those cases, I think a short email, like the one Tim *actually* posted, would be warranted and helpful. Tim's email certainly helped me, and anyone who says it did not help them must know a heck of a lot more about MELI than I do.

I'll leave this topic to others, if anyone wants to continue it. But please don't criticize a proposal I never made, namely that the Fool has to read and respond to every analyst report, target change, etc.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.