No. of Recommendations: 7
I agree that removing Trump from office would necessarily carry a huge cost for the GOP. But not because of the above parade of horribles.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree there. The Senate is also irrelevant to how a Warren or a Biden would govern anyway.

For starters, take a look at Obama's second term. No significant legislation of any kind was passed. Instead of working with the GOP Congress, he pouted and famously said, "I've got a pen and a phone, and if Congress won't act, I will". He then proceeded to govern via the rulemaking authority of the federal bureaucracy.

Which is exactly how Liz Warren or Sanders or any democrat will operate. Giving that up just to spite Trump is the equivalent of emptying a paintball gun into your exposed privates. And yet, this is the future that geniuses like Mitt Romney, Bill Kristol, David French and Jonah Goldberg eagerly await. Most call that insane; I charitably call it a series of massively bruised egos failing to square the circle known as "reality".

What's the most shocking about NeverTrump and these Establishment people is how downright...mediocre...each of them are. Does George Will *really* think that if he's successful and the democrats remove Trump that anybody in the GOP base is going to take him seriously anymore? That folks are suddenly going to snap out of it and say,

"You know, George, you're right. We should keep complaining about illegal immigration but do nothing about it, continue allowing the government to intrude in our daily lives, continue to allow our manufacturing jobs and technological edge to be handed over to the Chinese and continue paying 99% of the bill for Western Europe's national defense. William F. Buckley would have wanted it that way."

They really do think that. They're in for a rude shock. They're done, all of them.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.