Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree w/ you for the most part. Brown has normally kept things behind closed doors. The last time Brown was this teed off was when Art Shell got fired. He was a little edgy after Gruden left, but still respectful. I have a feeling this stuff came out because of stuff we didn't see (behind closed door, practice, etc). Although its almost certain that Rice is gone, Brown is an untouchable. Brown leaves when he's good & ready.

"Brown would have kept his mouth shut while the season was still going on so he didn't get benched. Pure self-interest there. I'd question his judgement, though, in coming out with it even now, even if he's 100% right."

I have a feeling that none of this ever would have come out had the "dummest team" comments not been said. I still agree that this stuff should stay behind the walls, but he DID try to answer the question(s) as honestly as he could. The more I hear about Callahan, who I didn't like as the hire once Gruden left, I think this is coach Marty Mornhinweg: The Sequel. At least MM didn't walk out on a game.

"Being that public about it is not good PR for Brown, no matter how guilty Callahan is."

If Brown had a long history of acting like this, I'm with you. Had this been Keyshawn, this would have received more pub. With Brown's history, he gets the pass.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.