No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with AJ that I need to consult an attorney. My intention in the original post was to fish for ideas or previous experience from others if they know of a similar situation and what worked there. For example a retroactive pre-nuptial (if there is such a thing, and if that would work), or some type of contract between spouses that stipulates what is or is not community property, etc.

As AJ suggested I already have googled laws for my state (AZ) about community property and spent lots of time reading them so far.

I wanted ideas / experiences from others before I consult an attorney. My experiences with attorneys tell me I have a much stronger interest in a good solution than they do :-)

Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.