Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with CAbob, these are the two web sites to use.

NAPFA advisors are generally compensated as a % of assets under management (AUM...generally .5 to 1%), which tends to work best if you are retiring, have $$ in a retirement plan that will be moving to a brokerage account and you need assistance setting it up and managing the investments.

The Garrett Network advisors mostly work on an hourly basis, and would be best used if you are not only looking for investment advice, but also comprehensive financial planning assistance, to include such things as household cash flow, debt management, insurance needs, home refi questions, 529 plan savings questions, estate planning, etc

I believe both now require their advisors to hold the CFP designation or be enrolled in a CFP training program leading to taking the certification exam to be able to use the CFP designation.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.