No. of Recommendations: 4
I agree with MeanderingMecan when he (?she) wrote <<I have a hard time swallowing the argument that "the analysts just don't understand our plan".>>. That was an attack on the messengers (analysts) rather than the message. Other REITs have felt their stocks were undervalued, but management usually have give reasons why (e.g. EOP and HME said replacement cost was way above what stock indicated); I never heard them say (until now) "analysts just don't understand". Mathew Emmert in post

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=23293262

gave his reasons for his reservations about AFR. AFR's management could have said, for example, that Emmert did not take into account the credit worthiness of AFR's clients and higher leverage was justified. But instead AFR said analysts "just don't understand".

Let me repeat that AFR could be a fine investment, I don't have evidence that it will be or that it won't be because I haven't done any DD on AFR. I'm letting off a little steam because I have a thing with ad hominem statements.

klee12
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.