No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with ShelbyBoy. The show is obviously highly edited. Otherwise, how would Rocco greet the waiters outside the restaurant after the first night with "Great night last night, huh", when on the show the first night was a disaster.

How entertaining would the show be if they just showed everyone quietly enjoying their food?

Having worked in several restaurants and bars many, many years ago, and having a brother-in-law who makes a career out of waitering, I would also say that I would NEVER open a restaurant. The probability of failure is way too huge. But I suspect that Rocco's will do great, given the amount of publicity the restaurant (and the owner) have been getting.

I mean heck, the stupid "Hello Deli" next to the Dave Letterman Show (Ed Sullivan Theatre) does an insane amount of business. And its not because they make a great sandwich, but because Aunt Mabel and Uncle Fred from (Enter Midwestern City Here) see it on TV and have to stop their for lunch.

Best Regards,
Sean
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.