Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with you, Buffy. It was a solid quarter. UTX was down over 3 points today because the "revenue figure was a bit light," but with the economy only just beginning to rebound, I think UTX did a respectable job. As far as fuel cells in cars, it will probably be a decade before they are wide-spread (meaning more than 1% of cars purchased). Until then, stationary fuel cells are definitely the way to go...

I'd also be willing to bet that the expectations were a bit high -- I mean recovery? Buy cyclicals, right? The rebound was overdone a bit, in my opinion.

As far as fuel cells...I believe UTC Fuel Cells is working with Hyundai on the vehicle...I thought they had a prototype (I thought I saw a picture in one of the Annual Reviews), too, be I could be mistaken. I think the real promise is in the fact that UTC will continue to grow for years, and that Fuel Cells for cars will be another area for the company to grow into. This is great for me, because my investment strategy is to buy companies and hold them for as long as possible, avoiding taxes for as long as possible (after all, I'm only 21).

Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.