Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I agree with you Chris that CYCH is a frustrating place to be invested. It has several of the things I look for in a company, Good product, high market share and some barrier to entry. Given that they have a large majority of the market for electronic payments and that most major retailers use their product, it seems it would be hard for others to break into the market. When I bought in Jan 99. (at 20, ouch) I read about how many of the place I bought used CYCH's product and figured it was on its way to becoming the industry standard.

Now 18 months later, and the stock 75% lower my original thoughts really haven't changed. CYCH is the market leader and continues to sign up new accounts. I have to admit to some confusion as to the decimation of its share price. This is not an e-tailer or a B2C or even B2B player which will probably never make money. It is a company that provides a product that should allow it to make money.

Anyway just my rantings on the day I tripled down to average down about 50%. Even if CYCH never gets back to my new average price of 10 9/64, I am betting it will go up beyond 5 or 6

Andy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.