Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I know you're all dying to hear my thoughts on Gov. Spitzer's recent admission that he had sax with portstitutes. That's because as soon as you heard about it, you changed the channel and skipped the infinite blathering that filled every news orifice in all media so that you would not be adequately sick of it until I had had my say.

On an investing website, to be sure, such an enemy of Wall Street (and investing in general) as Gov. Spitzer will surely be reviled and scorned at any opportunity. And yes, he was a bad AG and a bad governor, and now it turns out that he was a bad husband and father. But let's cut him some slack--he's had a really bad day. How would you like it if you destroyed lives and fortunes to make a name for yourself and achieve fame, popularity and political power, and you had sox with prostatutes because your wife was holding out on you because you're ugly, and not long after you become governor you're about to get caught in some of the sleazy things you've done, and you're forced to admit it to "get out in front of it" and people on CAPS were making fun of you? You wouldn't like it, I'd wager.

So let's not bash poor Mr. Gov. Spitzer, though we may be tempted because he was a terrible AG and Gov who never showed respect for the rights of others. Just leave hm alone, I beg you.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.