Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I also had a very good experience with SS recently. I retired in June, but didn't get around to applying for SS until October (reflecting my lack of understanding of the income limit). Mrs. Fritz, my claims representative, was a veteran of the Gulf War, and extremely knowledgable. She went out of her way to make sure I got the maximum benefit available. She was prompt, and set up a follow-up appointment with my wife so that we did not even have to check in with the reception desk. It did take a while on the phone to set up the initial appointment using the toll-free number, but even that was a shorter trip through voice-mail hell than communicating with the typical large department store. SS should be cited as a model Government agency if this is typical. I would feel better about my tax dollars if all agencies were staffed with such conscientious and caring people.

And BTW, do you know it was a guy who is responsible? It might have been a woman!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.