No. of Recommendations: 0
I always update mine when it is requested, which was just the other day.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I've never experienced a worse battery situation than the iPad. I can fully charge it and not use it and it will drain within days. It is not old. Others have this experience?

I wish the battery in my phone would last that long with non-use. I typically get about 6-8 hours. Second-worst phone I've had (the worst short-circuited internally about 2 months after I got it - but getting a warranty replacement would have taken at least two weeks, and I needed a working phone immediately. This one, in addition to sucky battery life, also has a little problem that if I set it face-down on a wooden tabletop with the screen lit, the table proceeds to tap randomly on the screen every few seconds).

These things ARE on all the time, normally; the screen may not be lit, but stuff is going on inside. And how many radios is it running? Bluetooth, GPS, wifi, cellular, NFC?
These things ARE on all the time, normally; the screen may not be lit, but stuff is going on inside. And how many radios is it running? Bluetooth, GPS, wifi, cellular, NFC?

I have my WiFi turned off if I am not using it.
I actually power off my Samsung Galaxy S7 when I am not using it.
I do charge it if it gets below 75%, if I am near a place where I can charge it.

My biggest battery hog is my MyTix application* that does my New Jersey Transit tickets. Once I activate a ticket and make it display, so the conductor can see it, it can sometimes take over 10 minutes for him (or her) to come along and examine it. It lights the screen pretty bright.

I am amazed to see people walking around with their cell phones lit up, even when they are not using them.

_____
* https://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=...
Maybe this will help. Found after an Internet search on iPhone battery

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Charlie Brown (not an iPhone user)
No. of Recommendations: 10
It is probably not the iPad, but apps.

Open Settings.
Scroll down and open Battery.
Select Last 10 Days.
Find the section Activity by App.
The right hand column shows hours.
Tap on SHOW BATTERY USAGE to change this to see how much each app has represented of total battery usage.
Maybe your iPad is different than mine. When I go to battery there is nothing but a choice to display battery percentage. That's it. Nothing else. No "last 10 days" or anything.
Maybe your iPad is different than mine.

More likely the version of iOS. I checked our newest (2 months) and oldest (iPad Air, discontinued a few years ago) iPads. All had the extra battery information, but all are running the latest update.
I always update mine when it is requested, which was just the other day.
Interesting. From what I can tell the detailed battery usage information was added in iOS 12.