Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I am a saver at heart. I get a lot of joy from a great deal.

I can fully identify what that. My motorbike pals are so thrifty that they refuse to stay in hotels but insist on free forest huts (It's also because of the sitting around the campfire then).

Shortly ago I bought for those trips two special offers at ALDI. An air sleeping mat for Eur 9,99 which normally is around Eur 25 plus a duffel bag, also for Eur 9,99 instead of usually around Eur 20.

Rationally seen to save those few Euro is ridiculous compared with the monies I wasted on T... puts or my current financial involvement in a very expensive lawsuit in the US to help a friend --- but that does not change in the least that I absolutely loved leaving ALDI with my fantastic bargains in hand, providing me the same pleasure as a kid who just got a toy he wanted for a long time.

....is not being rich to me....Of course it may be different for everyone.

This is the only true statement in this discussion where everybody knows exactly what means that one is rich. That it's different for everyone.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.