No. of Recommendations: 26
I am also a little leery of adding to or holding steady on a stock that Saul is trimming. But I don't see any fundamental weakness. And the valuation at an EV/S of 12.5 times this year's projected revenues seems reasonable

Dave makes good points here, but it's even better because this is the rare bird where we can use PE as well as PS (or EV/S). In the TTM period, The Trade Desk has earned 3.18 per share. (In the twelve months before that, 1.83.)

This gives them a PE ratio of 59. Not unreasonable for a company growing revenue at 40%+ and growing earnings even faster.

Personally, I sold out of TTD on 9/9 when everything was getting trashed and they were still holding up (at $227/share). Since TTD fell, I bought a decent amount back, although it's still a small position. Now especially, with everything else coming back, TTD looks relatively like a bargain.

I realize that it's been kind of wild to sell a few weeks ago and then now I'm buying back, but in my opinion that's what you need to do when the market gets wild: look for the opportunities it's giving you.

Bear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.