Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am also waiting to see if e*trade will allow us to trade US shares in Oz dollars from Australia on favourable terms

Barcoo

Fine about the email - nice to gets things sorted.
The problem I have with dealing through an Oz or NZ broker is that they are expensive and there is a time delay. If you trade direct on-line through a US broker there is little or no time delay. Datek for example will action your trade within sixty seconds or you get a free trade. They charge $US9.99 per trade which is considerable cheaper than buying through my broker here in NZ.
I like the streamers that many US brokers have - you can watch the bids and price rising and falling as it happens.
I also hope I haven't put you off buying stocks because of the US dollars prices I quoted - there are many stocks trading at $2 or $3 dollars and are very good companies. One thing I didn't mention is that there is tremendous momentum in the US market - stocks rise and fall very rapidly and to very great heights (or lows). As I said earlier it is an exiting market to be in and providing you start off small (say a couple of thousand Oz dollars) you can have a lot of fun.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.