No. of Recommendations: 2
I am always suspect of sites like this. Asking for an email, etc.. in return for some info on that email. Or they will "check" your password security if you only type it in the data entry box provided (LOL). On those sites, they will tell you how many thousands of years it will take the fastest computer to crack your new password (that is before you just entered it for checking of course - now someone has it and it will only take a day to include that password as a trial entry when trying to hack in). I always think they are asking for your email address, password check, etc.. and now they have connected that email, password check with info from your cookies, browser history, etc..

Could be a "honey pot" trap - offers something sweet and really you get nothing. The site gets more info from you that what you have gotten back.

I checked on this web address pipl.com - connected to a server in China or North Korea.

(just kidding ! - got you scared for a second)
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.