Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
That Pres. Trump has an unsavory past, and I understand differences of political opinion.

What I don't understand is the unbridled hatred and the vitriol hurled at the President.

WE may quibble over the many issues he has championed and whether they have been successful or even completed; but are they of such consequence as to believe he is evil?

Many on this board seem to suspect he has horns under his unusual hair style.

I do not understand where this comes from.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
That Pres. Trump has an unsavory past, and I understand differences of political opinion.

What I don't understand is the unbridled hatred and the vitriol hurled at the President.

WE may quibble over the many issues he has championed and whether they have been successful or even completed; but are they of such consequence as to believe he is evil?

I do. Most people hate change and change agents. They react with fear, and if you're a leftist, hatred and/or violence.

Trump upset all the apple carts. He has an extensive background marketing...himself. He knows very well what gets noticed and what doesn't get noticed out in The Marketplace Of Ideas. He was able to determine very quickly that Presidential campaigns followed certain "rules" to which every candidate adhered.

There's a business writer named Clayton Christiansen. He's written several books on disruptive innovation with each one using the core concept of breaking the "rules" by zigging where others zag. That's how Trump ran his campaign:

(1) He said things you weren't supposed to say.
(2) He called other candidates names you weren't supposed to call them.
(3) He used communication mediums to reach people that weren't being reached
(4) Instead of cozying up to the D.C. culture, he attacked it.

And more. Trump said things they hated and fought back against their attacks in ways that frankly, a democrat would. democrats and liberals like to "fight" Republicans in the old way: Handcuff the Republican to a chair, shove a ball gag in his mouth and punch him until he quits. That's a fair fight if you're a liberal. (To everyone else, it's ridiculous, and the fact that Republicans would agree to fight that way shows you how supine that party really is sometimes). Trump actually punched back. And like classic bullies, liberals don't like getting hit in retaliation for their punches. They whine and carry on just like a proverbial bully who got his on the schoolyard.

The second thing is that liberals understand that their worst nightmare is an independent people that doesn't take orders from Washington. They hate that, and will hate on anybody riding in to change anything.
No. of Recommendations: 3

You sound like that grandma that tells her grandson "Timmy, I am not sure why you speak so badly about this Nigerian prince, he is a very nice person and he promises me lots of money"

M
<<That Pres. Trump has an unsavory past, and I understand differences of political opinion.

I do not understand where this comes from.>>

It's a clash of values and a question of which values will rule the United States. It's the culture war which has been raging since the late 1960s.

The left was defeated in the 1960s by Nixon, by Reagan in the 1980s. The right was defeated by Obama.

The question is who is going to win and what values will rule now.

The question of "collusion" is just a debating point ---- Obama knew that Russian was attempting to impact American elections in 2014 ---he chose to ignore that.

Leftists lost the 2016 elections and made only modest gains in the 2018 election. They are looking at a big election loss again in 2020. "collusion" is their only hope, even though it's been rejected by the special counsel. So they will play it for all its worth, even though that will cost them hugely in the 2020 elections ---- as it did in the 1972 and 1984 elections when the victories of Nixon and Reagan were consolidated.

The only way they win is if Trump's supporters abandon him and his support in the polls collapse. They can't win in elections, so they hope their own flawed polling will bail them out. We shall see. But if it doesn't, they are headed for disaster in 2020.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 4

It was Hillary's turn.

The libs, dems, Hollywood and the MSM were all in for Hillary.

She LOST.

The libs, dems Hollywood and the MSM will not rest till they bring
President Trump down....By any means possible.
No. of Recommendations: 20

He's a genius where it doesn't matter, dumb as a rock where it does, and he compensates for his inherent shortcomings through boorish arrogance and being a pathological liar, the lying being a clear indicator he doesn't care for or think very highly of the American public except where it comes to stroking his undeserved ego.

What's not to like?
No. of Recommendations: 16

absurdly ironic after 8 years of Obama, coming from those who defend Trump
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<<What I don't understand is the unbridled hatred and the vitriol hurled at the President.

absurdly ironic after 8 years of Obama, coming from those who defend Trump>>>

I kind of understand someone not realizing what listening to 20 years of someone's viewpoint of the world and the impact that had on him, even to the point on naming him his Mentor; but I don't understand how that someone can consider that individual to be some kind of standard barer.

To me, it is a welcome release.
No. of Recommendations: 32

This is why I often question the value of discussions with the right. No one can be that stupid. No one, surely. We spent 8 years with Obama as President when the right started by stating that their primary goal was to make Obama a 1-term President. We had to endure countless fact free claims that Obama was a secret Muslim from Kenya. We watched them with countless investigations whose only purpose seemed to be to allow FoxNews to make up and broadcast lies. None of it came to anything because Republicans were simply staging press events where they spewed lies. There was really nothing they could find to actually convict or indict over. They certainly never indicted anyone of significance or found any indications of crimes. It was all Republican noise.

Anyone who bothers to read even the redacted report form Mueller now knows that Donald Trump is a documented lying crook. Anyone who fails to read it and still supports Trump . . . you may as well talk to a bag of hammers.

Let's face it . . . Trump supporters are willfully ignorant and they intend to remain that way no matter how many facts about Trump's corruption and lies are revealed.
And more. Trump said things they hated and fought back against their attacks in ways that frankly, a democrat would. democrats and liberals like to "fight" Republicans in the old way: Handcuff the Republican to a chair, shove a ball gag in his mouth and punch him until he quits. That's a fair fight if you're a liberal. (To everyone else, it's ridiculous, and the fact that Republicans would agree to fight that way shows you how supine that party really is sometimes). Trump actually punched back. And like classic bullies, liberals don't like getting hit in retaliation for their punches. They whine and carry on just like a proverbial bully who got his on the schoolyard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dope - it will be 2024 or later before Liberals realize that.

Bean
The question of "collusion" is just a debating point ---- Obama knew that Russian was attempting to impact American elections in 2014 ---he chose to ignore that.

Leftists lost the 2016 elections and made only modest gains in the 2018 election. They are looking at a big election loss again in 2020. "collusion" is their only hope, even though it's been rejected by the special counsel. So they will play it for all its worth, even though that will cost them hugely in the 2020 elections ---- as it did in the 1972 and 1984 elections when the victories of Nixon and Reagan were consolidated.

The only way they win is if Trump's supporters abandon him and his support in the polls collapse. They can't win in elections, so they hope their own flawed polling will bail them out. We shall see. But if it doesn't, they are headed for disaster in 2020.

Seattle Pioneer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am praying the Liberals run on collusion and hate in 2020.:)

Bean
The libs, dems Hollywood and the MSM will not rest till they bring
President Trump down....By any means possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Unfortunately for them, the majority of American voters do NOT hate like a Liberal.

Bean

peaking for myself, it's bridled. I hate what he's doing and what he wants to do to the environment. It's harmful to all living things. How can you not hate that?

What I don't understand is how Trump's supporters can just ignore the real harm he is causing to the liberty of o many Americans liberty and environment.
No. of Recommendations: 5
It's a clash of values

Pollution and the environment isn't "a value."

It's harmful to all life.

Trump is a danger to all living things.
They are supremely ticked that they chose the person least likely, in their judgement, to be able to beat Hillary and, with CNN's help, virtually rigged the Republican nomination as much as the Democratic nomination. And then were horrified to realize they had actually manipulated the Republicans into nominating the one guy who COULD beat Hillary. The resulting massive inverse schadenfreude caused butthurt levels never seen before in DC.
jah: What I don't understand is the unbridled hatred and the vitriol hurled at the President.

. . .

Before you could really ever hope to understand, you would have to pull your head out of the right wing echo chamber and embrace at least a few actual facts. As long as you keep reading and watching only lies, you will never understand why the people living in the real world hate Trump and the miserable values he represents so much.
<<<What's not to like?>>>

Maybe all the everyday nobodies who think they are wiser than the somebodies.
<<<absolutly ironic after 8 years of Obama, coming from those who defend Trump>>>

There was undeniable evidence to oppose Obama; Jeremiah Wright, his Mentor.
<<<Before you could really ever hope to understand, you would have to pull your head out of the right wing echo chamber and embrace at least a few actual facts. As long as you keep reading and watching only lies, you will never understand why the people living in the real world hate Trump and the miserable values he represents so much.>>>

I confess; I spend most of each day watching CNBC, followed by FOX Business News. During commercials and boring reporting on those stations, I switch to MSNBC and CNN; it's something I have done for years (having retired in 1997) to keep me abreast with way events can be manipulated for political reasons, because these can affect the stock market (and for comedic relief).

It amazes me how Rachel Maddow can appear to be so sincere when she is so off base so often. I also enjoy Matthews "tell me something I don't know" segments.
> It's a clash of values and a question of which values will rule the United States. It's the culture war which has been raging since the late 1960s.

> The left was defeated in the 1960s by Nixon, by Reagan in the 1980s. The right was defeated by Obama.

> The question is who is going to win and what values will rule now.

Yes, which side will win is an important question. The side led by a crook who resigned in disgrace and by another leader who cried incompetence when it was revealed an illegal operation was being executed directly underneath him? Or the side who turned the country around from a financial crisis and put us on a path of prosperity we are still on today?

> The question of "collusion" is just a debating point ---- Obama knew that Russian was attempting to impact American elections in 2014 ---he chose to ignore that.

That is a lie. Obama also knew the FBI was investigating the collusion, and did not politicize it. Do all of your arguments hing on lies?
<<> The question of "collusion" is just a debating point ---- Obama knew that Russian was attempting to impact American elections in 2014 ---he chose to ignore that.

That is a lie. Obama also knew the FBI was investigating the collusion, and did not politicize it. Do all of your arguments hing on lies?>>

So you acknowledge that Obama and the FBI knew about Russian meddling circa 2014 and did nothing to deter or oppose it? He just observed what was going on, eh?

It was only after Hillary lost that it instantly became a useful political issue to use against Trump.

Seattle Pioneer
> So you acknowledge that Obama and the FBI knew about Russian meddling circa 2014 and did nothing to deter or oppose it?

Why would you jump to the conclusion that nothing was done?

We know they did things, because Trump can't shut up about how people in his campaign were on the other side of the conversation when the FBI wiretapped the Russians.
They are supremely ticked that they chose the person least likely, in their judgement, to be able to beat Hillary and, with CNN's help, virtually rigged the Republican nomination as much as the Democratic nomination. And then were horrified to realize they had actually manipulated the Republicans into nominating the one guy who COULD beat Hillary. The resulting massive inverse schadenfreude caused butthurt levels never seen before in DC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny, but true.

They bet EVERYTHING that Trump could not beat Hillary.

What they didn't count on was the American voters.

Bean

Most American voters voted for Hillary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it sucks for you, that the United States goes by the Electoral College.:)

Bean

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sucks for all of us. But you said American voters.
<<They bet EVERYTHING that Trump could not beat Hillary.

Bean>>

That was really the best joke of 2016.

I cry about it every night:

Boo hoo!

Seattle Pioneer

Bean>>

That was really the best joke of 2016.

I cry about it every night:

Boo hoo!

Seattle Pioneer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, I am willing to bet my 1972 El Camino against anyone willing to put up equal value that Democrats will NOT realize this until 2024.

I am even willing to let the Motley Fool hold my title until then.;)

Bean