Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am considering retiring & got to thinking if you need your birth certificate to prove age? I don't have mine so would have to find. I do have original S/Sec. card and my discharge papers from USN.

I suggest you give Social Security a call and ask. I remember that when my father applied for benefits he needed affadavits in lieu of a birth certificate, since his state of birth didn't start issuing them until after he was born. However, things may have changed since he applied.

If you do need a birth certificate, it should be easy to get a certified copy from the Vital Statistics people in the state of your birth.

Phil Marti
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.