Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I am from CT, and did my first conversion to Roth last December. I got around the estimated tax issue by having both fed and state taken out of the IRA withdrawal by my broker, with only the remainder going into the Roth. Of course that only works if you aren't paying the taxes from other money. I'm already living off my IRA, and having taxes withheld as part of each withdrawal. so this one was only different in that it was a conversion.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.