Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am interested in becoming a vegetarian

Congratulations!!!

Is there are good starter cookbook for vegetarians?

I'd recommend "Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home" as a very good starter cookbook. It gives serving ideas too, like "Make this with the side dish from page 119 and the dressing on page 238" etc.

Vegsource.com has a New Veggies message board, and a Recipes board, both of which have great recipes posted.

Also, you should probably pick up a basic nutrition book just so that you won't worry about things like protein, and so you can answer all the annoying questions you'll undoubtedly receive. :-) I very highly recommend "Becoming Vegetarian" by Vesanto Melina, Brenda Davis, & Victoria Harrison.

Where to begin!?

One day at a time, the same as the rest of us do. It gets easier after a while, trust me.

And feel free to post back here with more questions! We're a quiet board but respond back quickly when there's a new question...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.