Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am interested in contributing to my 2007 traditional IRA after I already filed my taxes. What would this result in?

Could I refile and receive another refund based on the $4,000 deduction?

You could, but much simpler, assuming you really are going to make the contribution, is to just file that way in the first place. There's no requirement that you have actually made the contribution before you file your return.

If something happens that you don't make the contribution you'd need to amend your return and pay the increase in tax.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.