Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am looking at starting a 529 for the newest member of my family in the state of Colorado, that would be the Scholars Choice.

Does anyone has specific knowledge on this, I am just starting my research (which needs to done by 12/31).

Things that are a consideration:

Fees, they seems steep: 3% sales, 1.25% admin, then fund loads.
CO tax write off.

If you purchase directly from Scholars Choice, I think you get the No-Load Asset class which has no sales charge, a 0.99% service fee which includes the underlying fund fees and expenses, and an Authority fee of up to 0.10%.

The Saving for College website (http://www.savingforcollege.com) gives Scholars Choice 5 stars for instate residents.

Note that the US Mail address for Scholars Choice is a post office box near the World Trade Center site and they have been very slow in receiving deposits. If you want to make sure it gets deposited by 12/31, you may want to wire the funds.
Print the post  

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.