Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Each morning ritual was to switch on and connect to Etrade to get the results from indices all around the globe and start to do battle with the portfolio. The adrenalin would increase as 'Coffee Chill' attempted to calm an inflamed stomach as I grasped with news, gossip and movements in different industries to try and grasp what was going on! Make a move, buy low and attempt to average on poorer stocks or just take profits.

Well this morning had me beat..... looking at what has happened since January 1, I suddenly realised that the majority of the stocks on the american equities markets were below their 200 day moving average. The indices are moving up on a low volume of stocks and the mirage is just that ... it is a bear market .... pure and simple a bear market that is in a denial phase! Denial as no one wants to admit the simple fact that a bear market is in existence!

I feel that bulls will soon have to turn to bears and the markets will have the guts kicked out of them even more as this realisation comes about. Between now and the end of October will be interesting times as we (and G7 countries) are experiencing a slowing economy.

The recessionary impact will be mild. Equities worldwide will have to take a bigger battering and the end result will be a feast of cheap and well valued stocks.

How long will it last?

Depends on the States and whether they can overcome political pressures to concentrate on economical ones!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.