Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not a big fan of TIPS. They are too low-yielding for me. Besides, their increase relies upon the government's calculation of inflation...which is often understated.

This is what I heard too, that the end number you get is subject to manipulation by government statistics.

Just about every ounce of gold that has ever been dug out of the ground that isn't sitting on the bottom of the ocean in sunken chests still exists. It has very few, real-world uses other than for jewelry, and the demand for that will likely be restrained for some time to come.

Pretty good point, the overall supply is always increasing, and it has no industrial use. However, if the world population is increasing, does that negate the increase in overall gold supply? Not sure.

Oil sounds like a good alternative to me. Which E&P companies do you like? I have some PBR already, but no U.S. names.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.