No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not a lawyer, but I have had to deal with this for my extended family. If he was speeding in a construction zone then he's got a 3 month suspension, that is actually writen in to the law.

The issues from when he was 16 should not come in to play, and the two year old crash ticket should not have much of an effect either.

Depending on what County you got you may want to look at who the traffic court Judges are and how they usually rule. Most Judge are more willing to be accommodating if you go in well dressed, plead guilty and request court supervision or traffic court they wont suspend his license. If you can I would just pay the ticket by mail and request supervision. That way you can also avoid Court costs associate with going in to court.

Once again I am not a Lawyer, and if you are concerned I would recomend that you contact a Lawyer who specializes in traffic issue. Also the Illinois Compiled Statues are a good place to look for the current law.

They are avaliable at

Hope this helps and good luck.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.