Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am not familiar enough with California law to advise you, but I do know a fair amount about the tax arena, and my advice would be to find the best TAX lawyer you can. Not a CPA, and definitely NOT a divorce lawyer, the latter being notorious for their lack of understanding of tax issues. Once you find a firm with a strong tax department you can always request someone with divorce expertise, but their background in tax law should be paramount.

Hope this helps.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.