Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not sure what you mean by employee after-tax of $72,087.39. Two lines later you state the total After-tax contributions are $5,520.00. I assume you made a mistake saying the $72,087.39 is employee after-tax.

Anyways, here is what I think is going on.
I believe the Pre-87 after tax comes out first, then the post-87 after tax gets pro-rated with the taxable amounts. This is why it shows the after tax amount withdrawn to be the total of all of the pre-87 and part of the post-87.
Of course the total distribution is not taxable, the amount given as after tax money is not.
The plan information should outline the order of withdrawal and how it is determined of when and how much the after tax comes out on these partial withdrawals.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.