Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not surprised at the negatives from this poll.

AMEX lost my 15 year account last year when they could not get a change of address done properly (after multiple months of completing the change of address form), had me call back twice, didn't do as requested, etc. Then when I asked if they would do anything for me after all of the aggravation, they said "they were sorry". I asked if that was all they would offer and they said yes. I got to the supervisor level who also would not negotiate.

Next day I called to cancel my account, they immediately wanted to do more than say "sorry". I explained that their chance for negotiation was the prior day and demanded that they cancel my account.

They lost a good customer that day. I used to ring up large monthly bills and pay them in full each month.

Time is money - I wasted much of mine due to their incompetence. I would never do business with them again. I did look at the brokerage offer, but have been a happy Fidelity customer for about 20 years. I'm glad I stayed with Fidelity.

I don't normally trash a company (I didn't post this problem on the AMEX board when it originally occurred) but since you put a poll together, I thought I'd chime in my 2 cents.

Jon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.