No. of Recommendations: 0
I am not the expert here, but assuming that you can get the check re-cut(and it was not made payable to you in the first place), you may want to check local banks to find someone willing to accept the funds by setting up an IRA account using a, say, 3-month CD. This must be a new account marked "Qualified Pension Plan Rollover" (very important) and you cannot add any other monies to it, either as contributions or from other IRA accounts.
When the CD matures, request a rollover to your new employer's plan. You can only rollover accounts marked as above. Your new plan administrator should not have a problem with this since the money will be coming from a "qualified trustee".
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.