Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am only calling out for proper risk assessment.

What do you consider to be the components of a "proper risk assessment"?

Not once, has GG team laid out detailed risk assessment of this investment with all the relevant numbers.

We have consistently laid out the numbers for the company on this board and in the updates, including describing the debt picture. I just disagree with your statement.

You admit you are micromanaging. Returns in stock market should be based on many years (5+) and investment on several price points.

You don't define your terms, and I have no idea what micromanaging means. Generally speaking, it's not worth the hassle of investing in China unless you can achieve 20% annual returns, in my opinion. And that is over a 3 to 5 year time horizon in my calculation.

You are looking at a 1 year horizon.

That is an incorrect interpretation of my comments. If you want to have a productive discussion with someone, it would behoove you to ask clarifying questions if something is not clear rather than jump to a conclusion and make an accusation about what you think they are saying.

I can send in a signed certificate to that effect if it helps.

Yes. I will use the paper to wipe away the single tear that is running down my check. Thank you in advance for this thoughtful gesture.

If you disagree and want to indulge in a discussion do so by addressing why the poster feels that way.

This is precisely what I'm doing. I am responding to you point by point precisely because I value you as a member of our service. I have never, nor will I ever, tell you to shut up. These boards exist as a forum for discussion, but I will respond when I feel like you are accusing us of sloppy decision-making without evidence to back up that claim. But please hold us accountable. We love that.

Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.