Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am pretty new to Fooldom and trying to learn and understand.... One question I have is this: What is keeping AOL from being included in the list of Rule Makers? My number-crunching of AOL's recent figures through the RM Essentials spreadsheet makes it look pretty good.

ccrissma,

I haven't run AOL through a ranker recently, but as others have commented I would think that from a qualitative point of view they should do quite well. I would speculate that one reason the portfolio hasn't really given AOL that much consideration for Rule Makerdom is that it is already in the other flagship Fool portfolio (Rule Breaker), and having the same stock in both portfolios would probably cause more confusion than they choose to address. I think that's the same reason why you won't see Starbucks (SBUX) in the Rule Maker port either, even though it wouldn't be difficult to make a case for their Rule Maker status.

Hope this helps shed some light on the subject.

the LanceMan

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.