Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
I am "betting" that you can only do such transfer by contacting your Schwab broker and request him/her to execute the transfer. There is surely no way I can see to do that kind of transfer online via their website.

I dealt Fidelity not Schwab. Handling of estates is handled by a specific department that only handles inheritance issues. I was given the phone number for that department. Since they only deal with estates, they had no problems answering my questions. The problems were untangling a mistake by a financial advisor at a different company.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.