Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am reasonably certain the problems are at Schwab, not with Quicken. I have tried various Quicken alternatives over since I started using Quicken in 1986 - every one was inferior.

It happens I am moving to a Financial Advisor whose preference is placing my holdings at Schwab, but Fidelity is an option. We have spoken about this issue.

My feeling is this will eventually work itself out - but eventually will be a period of months. I understand Schwab is keenly aware of this problem - I have no information on how much effort they can or are directing at the problem. My guess is the root cause of this go to merging/adding computer systems not written by Schwab to the Schwab system - an obvious candidate TD Ameritrade.

If you don't want to wait it out, your options are manually data entry or moving to another brokerage - Fidelity would by my suggestion. My guess is you don't have a big enough account that Schwab gives a flip - Schwab has 14.5 million active accounts that hold over 4.5 trillion dollars. But if you are in the top 1%, I expect a phone call might get some attention.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.