Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I am reminded of Yogi's immortal quote:

"It's deja vu all over again."

~ray

I too feel that I am covering ground already traversed: this time last year I was harping about what I am harping about now. Little has changed. TMF is holding hard to its belief that Top Poster has to have the attributes of content and I am arguing that other methods – bribery and coercion – have a valid point. Or, at least, whining has a place.

The problem, ~ray, is that TMF remains adamant that The Feste Award go to the person that typifies the aims of TMF and everyone know that GoofyHoofy reaches that and deserves the award yet where in this pantheon are those such as you, me, and Raggmopp?

Content, knowledge and aptness may be TMF's criteria yet consider those who, as us, make the filler that floats the boat. Take, for instance, any GoofyHoofy post – by what measure is it considered a good post but that it is compared to a not-so-good post. My posts, barely legible and barely readable and barely having any semblance to grammar and linguistic veneer are a base line by which a better poster – such as Goofy – stands out.

I believe there should be a measure – a base line, if you will – that defines best by being worst. The Feste Award Third Class witch Palm Cluster is a measure of worse. Not that I'd refuse the honor yet I would like to be placed in position vis a vis the winner of The Feste Award association. Even the nadir is acceptable.

I believe that TMF in its recognition of the best – and you have to agree that Goofy leads the best – has to also recognize that there is a spectrum of worse to best that defines best. Without fluff how can one recognize solidity? There should be a cognition of the value – yes, value – of inane if but to place in reference to what isn't inane. I am inane and by my inanity I elevate those having ability – such as Goofy – to elevations only relative to the baseline of inanity. For this fact alone I should be awarded The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Clusters.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.