Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi,
Please help. I am twenty-five years old and have a ROTH IRA invested in mutual funds. How "WISE" I am! My domestic stock fund boasts of 16.93% average annual return since inception 10/71. But of course, year to date it is down 14%. I have almost $2,000 in my account so far and faithfully contribute to it ecery month in the amount of 166.66.
Can I start a foolish four portfolio with this small amount? Please help me. I know this is short term fluctuation, but I know I could be doing better on my own. But do I haveenough to get started!
Print the post Back To Top
Can I start a foolish four portfolio with this small amount? Please help me. I know this is short term fluctuation, but I know I could be doing better on my own. But do I haveenough to get started!

I reply:

Try accumulating your money in an S&P Index fund until you have about $4,000. Then you can move the $4,000 into FF picks. Continue accumulating the S&P Index fund until you have your next $2,000, which should be about the time you are ready to adjust your original FF holdings. Rebalance every 12 months and you should be in good shape.

Phil
Thank you so much. All I was looking for is a good solid starting point. A place where I can put the 13 steps to use. This means a lot to me. Thanks and I will take your advice to heart!

FOOLISHLY BUILDINH MY FINANCIAL FUTURE ONE INVESTMENT AT A TIME!!!!