Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I'm like a curse to any product, restaurant, business, etc. If I like it - it's doomed.

My current experience with this is tea. That's right - Tea. I've been drinking PG Tips for years. Every six months or so I order (online) two 240 count boxes (yes, I drink a lot of tea). I just got my last order about a month ago and Unilever has decided to change the blend. I opened the first package and this rancid sour smell came out. I thought maybe my nose was just off, so I brewed a pot and it is horrendous. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of tea I can't drink. Although, I am in negotiations with the vendor to get some kind of credit. I'm not blanketing them with bad reviews - yet.

AC *would like to thank codey for introducing me to Yorkshire tea as that will polly be my got to now*
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Nice ballo0ons, AC!

sunrayman
trained aerial observer & 1st class coffee drinker

p.s. Sorry ya gotz a Box of Bad Brew Bags.

p.p.s. I prefer Oolong for making iced tea.
Happy TotD! I love Yorkshire Tea.
Emma
Happy ToTD

Keep calm and put the kettle on!

e <thinking about those Yorkshire tea plantations>
'm like a curse to any product, restaurant, business, etc. If I like it - it's doomed.

My current experience with this is tea. That's right - Tea. I've been drinking PG Tips for years. Every six months or so I order (online) two 240 count boxes (yes, I drink a lot of tea). I just got my last order about a month ago and Unilever has decided to change the blend. I opened the first package and this rancid sour smell came out. I thought maybe my nose was just off, so I brewed a pot and it is horrendous. Now I'm stuck with $40 worth of tea I can't drink. Although, I am in negotiations with the vendor to get some kind of credit. I'm not blanketing them with bad reviews - yet.

AC *would like to thank codey for introducing me to Yorkshire tea as that will polly be my got to now*

I hope you get some proper tea soon! That's very expensive tea too!

We have Tetley's at the moment, as it was on a good special offer when we last bought some.

codey
That's very expensive tea too!

It's about 8¢ a bag.

AC *considers that a reasonable price*

if you can drink it, that is.
It's about 8¢ a bag.

+++
+++

OMG!

Is this going to descend into one of those LBYM-like threads that end up discussing the relative "value" of washing out & reusing zip loc bags?

If it does, I OUT!

sunray
a man with a P-Box & knows how to use it

p.s. I've also been known as "sunray the Grey"

;-)
If it does, I OUT!

OCD:

If it does, I'm OUT!
I'm like a curse to any product, restaurant, . . .

+++
+++

It occurred to me that I might be the exact Opposite!

I have really liked this Norwich restaurant since my first visit in the mid 1970s & have I mentioned it here (@ BI) several times over the years.

http://www.captain-americas.co.uk/

If you ENLARGE their logo, you will see that they were established in 1972.
Sometimes, it must be impossible to beat a Good hamburger.

sunray
a man who has had an excellently good bacon cheeseburger (or 2) in Tel Aviv back in the day {Yeah, it was definitely non-Kosher--but was on the menu @ the Hard Rock Cafe there {Now gone, but NOT Forgotten}.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-12-08/news/971209004...

DANG!
Now I'm getting hungry!
Sunray, after loading that link to the hamburger joint in Norwich, I remembered it probably from the time you did post it years ago. I wanted to get to try it at some point but never did. Now I really want a good burger too!
Emma

It's about 8¢ a bag.

+++
+++

OMG!

Is this going to descend into one of those LBYM-like threads that end up discussing the relative "value" of washing out & reusing tea bags?

If it does, I OUT!

sunray

p.s. I've also been known as "sunray the Earl Grey"

;-)

I was going to have a cuppa but the bags are still on the washing line.

e

That's very expensive tea too!

It's about 8¢ a bag.

AC *considers that a reasonable price*

if you can drink it, that is.

Yorkshire tea is currently on special at Tescos at 240 bags for £4, or 1.6p a bag. Ususally it £6.99, still under 3p a bag. That's why it looks expensive to me!

codey

It's about 8¢ a bag.

+++
+++

OMG!

Is this going to descend into one of those LBYM-like threads that end up discussing the relative "value" of washing out & reusing zip loc bags?

If it does, I OUT!

sunray

p.s. I've also been known as "sunray the Grey"

;-)

I can't see how you can have a mega-discussion about it. Surely, the only consideration is the value of your time against the cost of the bag.

codey <can't see how anyone with sense can disagree>
That's why it looks expensive to me!

They do have to import for me so I suppose that accounts for some of the difference. Yorkshire tea is about the same depending on where I can get it.

AC *hoping I can get a credit now that the manufacturer has admitted to changing the blend*
can't see how anyone with sense can disagree

You have obviously never been to the LBYM Board.

AC *thinks the only difference between that and PA is the flamethrowers*
can't see how anyone with sense can disagree

You have obviously never been to the LBYM Board.

AC *thinks the only difference between that and PA is the flamethrowers*

I think I may have gone to both places once. I think I decided they have no sense.

codey