Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am underwhelmed by all of the mutual funds I have looked at in the last 4 years. If ANY of them have made a (significant)profit I would be surprised.

TMF's new fund only needs to make 2 or 3% to be like all the other funds in the world.
I used to relish the articles raking these funds over the hot coals.

There is money to be made in these funds.... by the fund operators. How much of TMF money will be invested in this fund?

A $24.00 annual fee for less than 10,000 invested? What happens after I invest 10,000 and they lose 82% of it? Will I still be charged the fee?

Of course, since we are poised at the (alleged) bottom of this current depression, I feel it is an excellent time to start a new fund since all boats rise with the tide, but outperform? Remains to be seen, especially after the huge fees and taxes.

Might be a good place for ROTH IRA money if you are in that bracket, but even a CD will get you 2-3% without the risk.

CB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.