Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I answered this yesterday, and I wrote one word incorrectly, which I corrected here. I also added the last sentence at the end of the post.

Current price is $6.05.

I will wait to respond after their quarterly loss announcement. I think your assertions are vague and hypothetical. As you know Aphria has hired outside counsel, and will comment on it after their investigation is finished.

Keep in mind, Aphria has a 52 week high of $19.87, and a low of $3.75. Our average cost is < $4.50 per share. Of course it could go belly up, yet they do report MRQ of ~$300M in cash and equivalents.

What price did you short it at? are you still short?

I read the Hindenburg report carefully, and bought after that. I am not saying fraud did not exist, but I am writing that the potential for fraud not being committed does exist. I think the price and market cap, when it was at $4.36, very well could have reflected that.

If my conviction was greater, I certainly would have bought a greater position than 1/2 of 1%.

If it turns out there was no fraud, or any improprieties found could be remedied, I think you could have a multi-bagger here.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.