Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I apologize to you, Dave, and to all. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted something with that tone to it, especially since I noticed just now that I was on-line long after my usually self-imposed posting deadline of about 9PM (I have my reasons for this, but its a matter of being lucid).

Stress and a healthy dose of frustration go along with my life every day, as it has almost each day since I was thrust into being "self-employed."

Similar to your thread, "Another One Bites the Dust," I had a partner (actually I still do, but I now refer to him as my co-founder since he is thankfully inactive). One of the other lessons I've learned is that "its alot harder to get rid of a partner, than it is to get rid of a wife." My "partner" would never be bought out (why should he when we're doing all of the work, he has none of the stress or responsibility and when we cross that elusive goal line, he'll get ridiculously wealthy because he still holds his founders' stock - he actually did turn down an offer of $1 million because he "smells" much more and figures he has nothing to lose - I think it simply shows how greedy he is). I've been divorced, now five years ago, largely because of my commitment to the company (I worked 24/7 and rarely rested). My daughter, a graduate of an Ivy League business school (not Brown Univ.) commented once that in her courses on entrepreneurship that the divorce rate was quite high. The following .ppt file is quite interesting on the subject, although its a few years old.

http://www.engin.brown.edu/courses/en90/Lectures/engine90-crawford-ENTREPRENEURSHIP.ppt

Again, I apologize for the attitude last night.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.