Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

Here's my two cents:
I own CLNS, GPT, CAFD, CCP

I'm looking into XHR, More GPT at $25, more CCP, CTRE below $15.

Regarding CLNS dividend safety...

CLNS is one of my larger holdings (started with NRF and NSAM). I don't know why they gave it such a low dividend safety score, but maybe it was was for the debt, which is considered a bit high by others (see seekingalpha articles).

I continue to hold and have added more because I see the turnaround happening:

* Their payout ratio is now in the 70% range.
* They've replaced previous management with that from CLNY who had a much better reputation.

* They have already demonstrated improved transparency, layout out their plan to increase the value/share price (see conference call), and they are following that plan.

* They've accumulated a large amount of cash (around $1B I think). I think it's either to reduce debt, buyback stock, or maybe even new purchases at some point.

* It's undervalued at these prices ($13ish/share) due to the hangover of bad reputation from NRF/NSAM history. And the general REIT downturn we seem to be in. It's something like 10% below the VNQ.

The stock has an active community on Investor Village. you can get some additional information there.

Good Luck!

-srockaz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.