No. of Recommendations: 1
I assume the MM fund is in a rollover IRA and you did not take possession of the funds directly. I recommend you see a Fee-ONLY financial planner through The Garrett Network. The only fee they get is what they charge you. They get no commission, kick-back or other fees to steer you to high fee funds. They are working for you. They have a stake in making you a successful portfolio and investor.

The Fool has an arrangement with <participating> Garrett advisors for a 10% discount. It will be the best $2-3000 dollars you INVEST out of your funds. Check their site out and see if there is a advisor near you.

I'm partial to Vanguard ETF's for my "safe retirement money" (recommended through a Garrett planner) but am also a Stock Advisor member and have been very successful following their strategy. I'm recently retired.

Another fee-only organization is NAPFA but I believe are more expensive:

Nevertheless, their website has lots of good information. Here's their FAQ page:

IMHO, free advise is worth what you pay for it. And in the end is usually not free.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.