Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I barely sew in the summer, and now I'm itching to get back into it.

I did some hand sewing over the summer,I finally just jumped right in and started a quilt by Willyne Hammerstein called "La Passacaglia". I'm still not confident of my fabric choices, but I'm plugging away. I need to cut out enough to keep my busy on an upcoming trip. I love the sewing process.

My next big project will be Violet Craft's Lion in the Jungle Abstraction series. My goal is to start that in October and work on that until I am bored and/or tired.

I have a tiny start on Lori Holt from Bee in my Bonnet's Let's Bake quilt, it turns out I like applique.

I'm used to power cutting and getting a quilt all cut out and then power sewing through it, so paper piecing and applique take a little more thinking than I sometimes have during the week. I do enjoy some mindless piecing, so I need to find a project for those weeknights when I want 30 minutes of easy sewing.

I also have a spiderweb quilt basted and ready to quilt on my domestic machine, I hope to get to that by Thanksgiving. After all, to me the worst part of the entire process is basting, and that's already done!

I also want to dip my toe into garment sewing with the Cashmerette Concord pattern. I wish I was retired to I could catch up on my hobbies!

Cosmos
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.