Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I believe that God works in small ways as well as large ones, sometimes in response to prayer. But I can't say with any degree of certainty which events of my life are special movements of God and which are just natural consequences of natural events, or even if there is a difference.

I had a long time to ponder this topic today as I sat for two hours waiting for the results of a follow-up mammogram this morning, following a suspicious one in December. I was contemplating whether I would be able to maintain a positive, faithful attitude if I got bad news. Turns out I didn't...thank God?!?

Then I came to work and got a wonderfully unexpected piece of good news--the due date for a major report I need to write has been extended from the end of January to the end of May, which completely transforms my life for the next few weeks from something nearly impossible and totally stressful into something manageable. Was this one of God's little gifts? Or just a coincidence? Who knows...but I am counting my blessings in a big way in any case. Based on this thread I think I'll volunteer to cook a meal for the women's shelter next week, which I didn't think I would have time to do.

MNgal
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.