Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I believe value strategies work - buying stocks that are currently very much out of favor, where fear has driven down their prices irrationally. There is substantial academic evidence for these strategies, and for the underlying psychological mistake (projecting recent past too far into the future). It is unfortunate that MF has never had a value portfolio.

Look, you've obviously done a pretty fair amount of reading on the subject of investing, and perhaps particularly value investing. Being a little discouraged by the "proof in the pudding" for what I'm reading at TMF lately, I'm realizing I need to broaden my knowledge a long ways, as well.

I don't suppose I could bribe you to post something of a bibliography of stuff you've read concerning your investment philosophies? I'm slowly acquiring (and more slowly reading) some the books TMF recommends, but I'd love to have a look at your library, as well.

LessTraveled

(P.S. About that bribe -- remember I'm licking a lot of retirement portfolio wounds, I have a kid about to go to college, and I'm thinking of taking up serious drinking as a hobby, so please don't make the bribe request too awfully high, OK?)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.