Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I believe your new idea is completely absurd. It has already been proven that most adults can not properly handle their credit cards, so what make you think that teens can? I have 2 teens, one 15 and one 19. The 15 yr old has NO BUSINESS having a credit card. The 19 yr is now in college and yes has a credit card with a $500 limit for which I co-signed his senior year in high school. The problem is that parents are not teaching their children how to properly use the financial tools to them. Once again, maybe it is because they don't know how to use the tools themselves.

By the way, if my 15 yr old gets a credit card and "promises, promises, promises" to pay the bill when it comes, but as teens do forget or just don't do it, who is responsible? (Are you accepting the my parental responsibilities for me and covering the bill? - Thank-you) Most teens today have no responsibilities and are completely obivious on how to manage money. Don't you know where money come from? Yes, it grows on trees. (From Mom and Dad)

Just my opinion.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.