No. of Recommendations: 1
OK, so I don't want to pay the government, but I sure don't expect to get back more than I'm allowed.

See, my daughter trusted me to e-file her taxes. Great, I got a college degree (I'm smart enough to let my accountant do MY taxes).Anyway, I went and claimed the deduction allowed for a regular IRA. Trouble is, she has a Roth.

Now I have to file an amended return.

Downloaded a 1040x. It's staring me back from my desk. Can I find where to fix this screw-up on this form? No way. College degree ain't helping here.

Got any advice? Or do I need to bring my accountant in on this one?

Heaven forbid.I don't want to blow it twice...


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.