No. of Recommendations: 0
I wonder how many are in my position where they believe in what they have bought in terms of mutual funds and stocks in the tech, internet and growth sectors and still feel that they have the years to grow until retirement ie. for me, 20 years and then feel, hey... wait a second. I'm putting good money in there and the market is doing a collapse. Well, I realize that these sectors and indices do turn around but I also have learned through other people's 20-20 hind sight how important it truly is to buffer your losses as well as to be realistic with long term saving and investing.

I spoke to a very nice and informative lady today and asked her to explain the difference in the returns betweens I Bonds vs. EE Bonds. These two are definitely different and from what I gather, it appeared to me that she felt that loading up on those I Bonds wouldn't be such a bad idea at all.

The idea of being able to hold them for 30 years really does make sense and also, the idea that you can buy up to $30,000 per year which is quite a bit and as I would call it, "stash the cash" would most definitely make sense. I know that there are many millionaires who do not have a 6 figure income by any means and have acquired their good retirement money by the Bond Market exclusively. I truly want to learn all I can. I am hopeful that someone out in this board could recommend a book, a web site that might help me to understand this better. I tried to understand the Bonds that are being floated per the newspaper and it's all "Greek" to me.

I live in Florida and I understand that I can buy MuniBonds without any taxable consequence because there wouldn't be taxes due to the State hat I live in. I thought that that would also be worth looking into as well.

Stacy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.