Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I bought HPT for the yield, and when prices went so high, I switched to SNH preferred going from below 8.5 yield for HPT to over 10% yield. The SNH preferred also seemed safer.

I sold EOP because of a ML (I think) report that confirmed my concerns about their California and Boston exposure, and traded into RA. I take the point of view that since the market is more or less efficient, it doesn't really matter. I don't care that much for RA, but I try to stay fully invested.

I sold CPJ because I thought management screwed up when they had so much trouble with bad debt. I already have MHC and SUI, so I wasn't sure where to put the money. I have less than 3% cash, so I don't feel a great urgency to spend it.

klee12
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.